Search This Blog

7/23/11

Matthew Reilly

I finally finished 6 Sacred Stones. It's the second in a series which is the second series Matthew Reilly has developed (say that three times fast lol). I loved this book. It took me a while to read because I am an excruciatingly slow reader. Because of this fact I tend to shy away from reading and find everything else to do instead. I read when camping mostly cuz I have less distraction options.
If you have not heard of Matthew Reilly, he is an action adventure writer that has the most insane action you could possibly read. He himself an admitted action junky. He has said that if he has to cut something from a book and it was a choice between character development or action, the character development would go in and instant. What I love about his stuff is that even though he says this, he still manages to flesh out amazing characters that you completely get attached to. I love that in order to keep his books unpredictable he's not afraid to kill off said characters. This makes for an intense read.
I'm not going to go into a specific review of the book because I don't have the memory for any specifics. As I said before, it took me an incredibly long time to read this book but not bcause of the book specifically. Usually for me, I forget most of what I read shortly after. It sucks for me and is also another reason I don't tend to gravitate to reading much. I'm writing this immediately after finishing the book so as to be able to write out my immediate impressions. This book was probably one of his most unbelievable, but that didn't detract from me enjoying the book. Intertwined with all the insane action are great characters and fantastic ancient mysteries based on real ancient wonders of the world.
If you are looking for something entertaining to read, you can't go wrong with Mr. Reilly.
I apologize for the stream of consciousness feel to this entry but that's pretty much what it was. If I don't write it and put it out there asap, I will put it aside and forget about it. I don't claim to be a writer but would like to try and jumpstart the brain cells more and this blog is one attempt at doing that.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment