Search This Blog

7/30/11

Insidious

So my Saturday night started with Paranormal Activity 2 then moved on to Insidious. One scare flick after another. Right off the bat I would have to say I liked Paranormal Activity 2 better.
Did I dislike Insidious?  No. I enjoyed it but not as much as Paranormal Activity 2. I liked how Paranormal Activity 2 knew what it was and didn't veer. Insidious suffered from a personality disorder. It changed it's feel halfway through, then again towards the end.
The beginning of Insidious was quite like Paranormal Activity 2 with it's scare tactics. Then it changed to a Ghostbusters feel with the introduction of the geeky paranormal techies. They were quite the refreshing blast of comedic air. Without feeling hokey, they managed to make me laugh whole heartedly and I immediately attached to these characters. Then it changed from a "realistic" ghost story to a sort of monster flick feel. While watching this, I was reminded of Drag Me To Hell for some reason. Check out my next blog post about that movie because I ended up throwing that in right after this one.
Was it fun? Yes. Was it great? No. I found my mind wandering near the end. It definitely had a few good "jolt you outta you seat" moments and some laughs but I would have to say Paranormal Activity 1 or even 2 was better as far as a ghost story is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment